Monday, February 7, 2011

BOOM! Studios Visit

This weekend we had editor Ian Brill and Editor-In-Chief Matt Gagnon up from BOOM! Studios to talk to the students and look at some portfolios.  I did some sketches during their talk.

I other news, though also SCAD-related, I recently learned that I have been awarded SCAD's Presidential Fellowship, which means I get a budget to help undertake a personal project.  I'm going to be putting out a sketchbook - a pretty massive one, actually.  It'll be 184 pages and 8.5x11."  I'll have lots of pinups, research drawings, character and environmental designs, thumbnails, and from-life sketches, among other things, all with a running commentary on why each design decision was made.  I'll have it out sometime in May.


Max said...

That's not the worst "heroin addict" version picture of me. Look forward to the Sketchbook>

Rachel said...

Sounds awesome! Can't wait until May, then!