header

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Community Avengers

I got a commission to draw the cast of Community, easily my favorite show on TV. I decided to draw them as the Avengers.


 (Click on the above image for a full-sized version) For folks who watch the show, here’s a Christmas present for you: I went ahead and sized it for wallpapers, should you be inclined to use ‘em.  I'm not tech-savvy enough to know how to make 'em download straight away, so just click on the one that fits your screen size and drag the image to your desktop (if you're on a Mac) or save it, I think (if you're on a PC). • 1600 x 12001280 x 12441280 x 9601152 x 8641024 x 768800 x 600640 x 480 For folks who don’t watch Community, start! I promise you, you are missing out on one of the best group dynamics of any sitcom, ever. I could go on and on about how great the show is, but I won’t, ‘cause it would be boring. I’m taking a few days off posting to the blog for the next few days. Merry Christmas, everyone!

22 comments:

Zach Oat said...

Is Britta Thor because of the Elisabeth Shue resemblance? If so, bravo.

Anonymous said...

Really could have made Troy Spider-Man...

Unknown said...

LOVE IT. Great choices on hero identities as well!

Chris Schweizer said...

The Shue thing would have been clever, but no, she's just Thor because I was trying to think of a good female character that would fit her and realized pretty quickly that Britta (as a character) would have been furious at being so pidgeonholed.

As for the Spider-Man thing, I already did one of Donald Glover as Spider-Man; I think it's the reason I got this subject for the commission.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. But no Senor Chang?

Micah said...

That is great! Thanks.

Chris Schweizer said...

I think of Chang as a villain! Maybe Senor Kang.

jasdye said...

Brilliant!

but where was this last week when i needed a cartoon avator?

Chad said...

Having Abed be the Vision is a stroke of genius.

The Planet Pluto said...

This is terrific! Community has become my current favorite sitcom this season, too. Can I ask for a favor - is it possible for you to work out wallpaper for 1360 x 768 screen size? I use an HDTV for my monitor. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

HUGE swing and a miss with Troy not being Spider Man

Chris Schweizer said...

I'll be happy to, but don't have the original file with me at the moment. Check back next week.

Chris Schweizer said...

As per the Spider-Man thing, Spider-Man isn't an Avenger, so it doesn't really go with the theme. If you want to see a Donald Glover as Spider-Man drawing, go here:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/alternative-casting/

Anonymous said...

I hate to be that guy, but Spider-Man has been an Avenger for years now. Just not one of the "classic" Avengers (and he would't fit with the theme because of that). But that's just nitpicking; this pic is all sorts of awesome.

Jackie Lewis said...

So good, Schweizie! Perfect casting!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic. I particularly adore that superhero or no, Shirley is still clutching her ever-present large bag.

CMD said...

on the topic of casting the community cast into different roles, I always thought the cast of ST:TNG would be rife with fun. Abed and Data anyone?

Kinky Wizard said...

just. awesome.

Kinky Wizard said...

just. awesome.

Anonymous said...

Love Community. Love comic books. Totally LOVE this.

Team Hellions said...

Now that this picture has made its way around the internet, it has been suggested that a Community/Masters of Evil mash up should be made to combat the Community Avengers. If I may suggest:

Agreed with Senor Kang
Dean Pelton as Baron Zemo
Professor Slater as the Enchantress
Vaughn as Wonder Man
Dr Ian Duncan as Ultron
Starburns as Beetle/Mach 1

Chris Schweizer said...

But what about Doc Potterywood? I feel like he could merit a mash-up.