header

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Interviews and Sketches

Hey, everybody!  It's been an extremely busy couple of weeks.  We at SCAD-Atlanta just had our annual Comics Art Forum, which this year featured Matt Kindt, Stewart Immonen, and Cameron Stewart.  All three guys were incredibly gracious and lots of fun; I sat in on two workshops, Matt's and Cameron's, both of which were just great.  We had heavy snow this weekend (in Atlanta!) and Cameron was stuck on a plane for hours, and Matt had to stay an extra day and a half, so the ending wasn't ideal, but we had lots of good food and drinks and the whole thing was great for the students.

In personal news, a couple of interviews I've done have gone up, so if you want to check them out, feel free! 

Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources

Indie Pulp: Sketchbook Spotlight (outlines my process and tools), among other things

WKMS (NPR) Audio Interview

I'm nearly through with my thumbnails for the first scene (12-15 pages) of Crogan's March, and I plan to go to pencils today.  My goal is to have it inked by the end of the weekend!  Liz is going out of town, so I'll be able to keep crazy cartoonist hours and, with luck, crank 'em out.

In the meantime, I've been doing lots of prep sketches for the as-of-yet-unnamed fourth book, which I've decided will feature Daniel Crogan, the Lion Tamer/Escape Artist.  Here are a few - enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

A dozen or so pages pencilled and inked in a week?! You, sir, are Superman!

I was at the Staple Convention in Austin this past weekend, and met a couple of former SCAD students. They had very good things to say about you as an artist and a person.