header

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Making more stuff for SPX...

Sorry it's been so very, very long since I last updated the blog. I've had a lot of stuff going on lately -- mostly it's been getting minis printed and assembled for SPX with Liz. I had a week of pretty much no drawing, but it worked out well - I've got twenty copies of Giovanni Potatoe and the Pizzas of Love, eighty portrait books, about a hundred Goodbye Beards, etc. Lots of fun stuff to sell and trade. I've also decided, since I'm so far ahead of what I expected to be, to redraw and color my 24-hour comic from last year. It'll be twenty-four pages, color. I knocked out these pages yesterday - consider it a sneak preview.

*edit: thanks to Sarah Case and Daniel Crawley for pointing out the typo - on page three "you" should be "your." I'm not gonna bother reuploading it here, but it will be fixed in the print edition. Thanks, guys!

















I've also been doing a TON of color sketchbook drawings, but I lost my sketchbook on Friday, so no scans. I'm only cavalier about it because I expect it to turn up; I helped man the Sequential Art table at SCAD's major fair, and left it there. I didn't return until later, when everyone was gone and everything with them. I'm hoping one of the professors took it with them. I forgot to write my name in it anywhere, which was idiotic of me.

I'm currently assistant teaching my first class at SCAD - Introduction to Sequential Art. It seems like a good crop of students - four girls and a guy, which surprises me, considering the traditional gender inequity in the comics field. I'm also taking an advanced inking technique class with veteran inker Roy Richardson, and it's a really good class mix.

Aside from that, not a ton of new stuff. More portraits, new comic ideas, all sorts of fun stuff. Oh, and Liz and I are taking a surprise trip to Tampa on Friday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

I can't believe those pages are from a 24 hour comic, it looks better than Lou Season and that took me over a year to do (off and on). Are you gonna have it as a full-color mini then??

I made some more changes to the Elephano story, it's now 16 pages!!! Hopefully I will get it done for SPX, see you there!

GO READ THE WHOLE ELEPHANO COMIC HERE!!!!

David Yoder

Chris Schweizer said...

Bear in mind that this isn't the 24 hour version. I drew that a year ago, and I'd like to think my artistic skills have somewhat improved. This IS still a for-fun piece - I'm not putting the same level of concern over panel composition and execution that I am with Crogan's -- so I'm knocking out the redraws pretty quick. And remember, you did Lou Season a while back, so you're at a different level now, I assume.

Can't wait to read the revised Elephano!

Anonymous said...

Always amazed at your work chris

Unknown said...

Wow. You lost your sketch book? I'd be frantic. I keep every thing I draw, doodle or blow my nose on that looks creative. I hope you find it. I like the comic.

Anonymous said...

you're welcome!! good luck at SPX!!!